Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Farewell Speech

This will be my last post for a while. But be sure to check back in the next few weeks for more.
 
 
 
 
 
As my temporary farewell, I would just like to say......
 I am in favor of a city-wide curfew for teenagers seventeen years of age and younger for three reasons: to lower the number of minors causing trouble late at night, to give parents and peace of mind, and finally to give the city a better reputation. I believe the best way to go about making it known to all cities is to show the public the results of the cities that do require a curfew for minors. It would give them reassurance that having this curfew really does make a difference in the community. As well as it making a difference for the community, it will also keep more teenagers safe during the more dangerous hours of the night. As a specific way to get the word out, it would be incredibly beneficial for a short film to be made that includes feedback from various cities that enforce the curfew for teenagers. Broadcasting the film would give people proof that it isn’t a useless law. There a many reasons that people argue against enforcing a city-wide curfew for minors, including the fact that they feel as if it goes against the First Amendment. If it comes down to a vote either for or against a curfew for teens, I can tell you I will be the first in line to vote in absolute favor for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment